Isles of Mist Strategy RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With High King Tyrion Swordstar dead, the Twelve Realms divide.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin

Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN Empty
PostSubject: Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN   Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:14 pm

After being shown their accommodations, visitors are incited to come to court for an official welcome and a chance to interact with their hosts and each other, followed by a feast and music and dancing, should they wish. If they are tired from their journey, however, their rooms are spacious and well equipped, and should they desire anything the servants provided shall see it done. Or perhaps they will wish to disappear amongst the drunken, cheering throng in small town, whatever suits their fancy.

[[OOC: This sub-forum covers the opening ceremonies, including an official welcome, followed by a grand feast with music and dancing. Feel free to start new threads to initiate interaction with any other player or players, or just to describe what your character is doing. Try to set the scene a bit in the first post in any thread, and always put the following in the subject of any new thread:

Thread Title
Where
When
Who
OPEN or CLOSED (depending on whether others may jump in or not--remember if it's Private private, let me know and I'll create a private space for it.)

For an example, see the subject title of this post. If you have any questions, make it up Smile We're all learning here.]]
Back to top Go down
https://islesofmist.board-directory.net
KingCelyn

KingCelyn

Location : Uh... I'll get back to you on that, my dear, I'm afraid I rather just woke up here.

PostSubject: Welcome!   Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:32 pm

"These games are a celebration of friendship, and while, naturally, most find winning more to their taste than any other standing, I would like to raise my glass not only to the victors, but noble competitors all, and our visitors too. I bid you all a most heartfelt welcome, and if there is aught you desire for your comfort, or you simply wish to share a few cups and words, well, neither I nor any should be too difficult to find. I greet and salute you all, and thank you for your attendance. I will not be so grasping as to deem every one of you yet a friend, but I truly hope I may have that honour ere the week is out."

"But enough of my prattle! You did not come here to listen to speeches, and I've made myself plain as I might. Well come and well met. Let the festivities begin!"
Back to top Go down
Ga'Duona

PostSubject: Re: Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN   Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

A lanky young fellow in mismatched, colorful clothing enters the room, idly strumming a lute. When he sees the assembled nobles, he appears to be startled for a moment, then straightens himself and says,

"My lords and ladies!" He bows deeply in the direction of the throne. "Your majesty the King." Standing again, he says, "I am Jaitar Windsong, and it is my honor and my pleasure to be in your attendance for this grand event. I composed a song for this event, but now that I have heard the lovely airs of your talented musicians..." he casts a wink at some nearby musician girls, at least one of whom probably smiles and blushes. Clearly they have spoken already. Turning back to King Celyn, he says, "I fear my modest song is not worthy of your august presence."

"However!" he announces grandly, lifting one arm, "I do have a request to make. Allow me to introduce two who have been long-suffering, long-patient, long-banished from the beloved land where their hearts reside, the land of Rhosyn Brenhiniaeth, Arnaug of the Trees, and Darnath the Unwanted."

He steps to one side and bows deeply, holding his hand out to gesture the entrance of his companions.

Two men come in, fully armored. At a respectful distance from the throne, they kneel grandly (with a clang of metal), draw their swords, and place the swords on the ground before them in a gesture of fealty.

The smaller of the two men lifts his visor to reveal a middle aged man with very impressive moustaches. He intones in a grave voice, "Your majesty the King, Celyn Beathnua of House Beathnua, Lord of all the Brinhineath lands! We, poor exiles that we are, have come to present ourselves before you to beg pardon, and to plead with you for the right to fight to restore our honor, to fight for the chance to redeem ourselves of our crimes, and to, with your blessing, earn back our place at your side, where we belong, in this most beauteous and bounteous land of Rhosyn.

"We, myself, Arnaug of the Trees, and my companion, Danath the Unwanted, beg this gift from your most gracious majesty."

He bows deeply, and waits there in expectant silence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN   Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions and Greetings - Palace, All Day, Everyone, OPEN
Page 1 of 1